There are some people who think puffing on an e-cigarette is so awesome that they’re doing so even though they weren’t burning real heaters before their electronic counterparts hit the shelves. But this story will make you think twice about sticking anything with a lithium battery into your mouth.
According to Breaking 911, a former LA Galaxy star and Olympian now has a hole in his face after an electronic cigarette “exploded without warning.”
Daniel Califf, 35, also suffered a broken cheek and severe burns from the explosion, which occurred within the first six months of purchase. Califf’s lawyer said his client also suffered a concussion from the blast, and he’s now dealing with post-concussive syndrome.
But let’s be honest: The whole “hole in your face” thing is what I’d be most worried about:
This Is What Happens When An E-Cigarette Blows Up In Your Face