Australian Woman Shows Off Nasty Burn She Says Happened After She Fell Asleep On Her iPhone 7

Well, that's quite an alarm clock.

Tommy Gimlerby Tommy Gimler
Photo:  Zhang Peng (Getty)

This is why I slept with stuffed animals as a kid instead.

Even though this dude’s iPhone 6 exploded in his jeans, you may also want to say “nay” to the new iPhone 7 after reading this story. According to The Sydney Morning Herald, an Australian woman says she fell asleep on her charging iPhone 7, and when she woke up, she discovered it had burned her arm to shit.

Melanie Tan Pelaez posted a picture of her severe burns to her Facebook page and warned others of the potential dangers that can arise from sleeping on top of your charging iPhone.

Australian Woman Shows Off Nasty Burn She Says Happened After She Fell Asleep On Her iPhone 7

“I recently purchased an Apple iPhone 7 and accidentally fell asleep with my arm on my phone whilst it was charging,” Pelaez said. “I was woken up by sudden pain, pins and needles, numbness and shortness of breath. I have been an iPhone user since the beginning and have never had an issue or concern, so it’s really scary and disappointing that something like this happened and can happen to someone else.”

Yeah, that’s a pretty gnarly burn right there, and our best wishes go out to Pelaez for a speedy recovery. Of course, it should also serve as a friendly reminder that every now and then, it’s OK to put your iPhone down and give it a rest, especially when you’re about to go to sleep.

Sucking on a lithium battery. I mean, what could possibly go wrong? This Is What Happens When An E-Cigarette Blows Up In Your Face