This Dog Wanted Pancakes So Badly He Almost Burnt Down His House

Get that dog some pancakes!

Bryan Brunatiby Bryan Brunati
Photo: Sandra Samuelsson / EyeEm (Getty)

OK, spoiler alert time:

You’ve been warned…

I know that Jack Pearson dying on This Is Us was horrible and we can all bash Crock-Pot now, but you know what’s even sadder? A dog getting close to death. And that’s exactly what happened to a pair of dogs in a Massachusetts home.

The Southwick Fire Department shared the strange footage, footage filmed with the family’s home security system,  in order for it to serve as a warning to others about leaving items on the cooker-top. And what did this family leave on top of their stove-top? Some good old pancakes.

Posting the video to Facebook, the Fire Department wrote that the dog had been attempting to get some pancakes which had been left near the gas cooker while the owners were out. While attempting to get to the pancakes, the dog had hit the ignition button and within minutes it was alight.
Fortunately, as the home had a monitored alarm system in place, fire fighters were able to get to the property and deal with the fire promptly.

Check out the video below!

According to the firefighters:

“Alarms work! We would like to thank a local resident for sharing this video. First, we always caution about putting items on the stove. In this case, the family pet decided to help themselves to some leftover pancakes while the owners were away.

Unfortunately, the dog hit the ignition button on the gas stove. Within minutes you will see the item on stove begin to ignite. In this case, the homeowner was connected to a monitored alarm system calling responders saving severe damage.ed over 35,000 times so the fire department is certainly helping to get the message out there.”

While we ‘re glad the dogs were OK and the house didn’t burn down, I think the important question here is this: did the dog(s) finally get the pancakes they deserve? I honestly don’t care about anything else, I just care about dogs.

h/t The LadBible

This guy gets it: New York Man On LSD Rescues Dog From Burning House…That Wasn’t On Fire At All