A few weeks ago, "American Horror Story" co-creator Ryan Murphy let it slip that Jessica Lange would make an appearance in the second season of FX's hit series. And it turns out that Murphy was just being coy when it came to Lange's level of involvement.
Entertainment Weekly is reporting that Lange has officially signed on to star in the second season of "American Horror Story." However, as revealed back in December, the second season will completely move away from the Murder House storyline and any returning performers will play entirely new characters. That means that Lange will not be reprising her role as Constance Langdon.
“We have designed the second season of 'American Horror Story' completely around her character,” said Murphy. “Last year Jessica came in with Connie Britton and Dylan McDermott. This will really be the Jessica Lange show so I’m very excited about it. We are designing this amazing new opposite of the Constance character for her. She and I have spoken about different things. She has a lot of ideas, and has a lot of input into her character. She told me some things she has always wanted to play as an actress. She’s a great collaborator and a great friend."
Murphy previously hinted that three other actors from the first season will also return, and he promised to reveal their names this Friday at the "American Horror Story" presentation at the PaleyFest. But the most likely candidates to come back to the show are Evan Peters, Denis O'Hare and Zachary Quinto.
"American Horror Story" season 2 will begin production this summer and return to FX in October.
Who would you like to see join the cast of "American Horror Story" in season 2? Let us know in the comment section below!